Entrants, also referred to as cyclist in these rules, undertake to abide by the following rules and agree to the following conditions:
- In consideration of the acceptance of an entry, all entrants release and discharge the organisers, any sponsors, any and all volunteer groups, all medical personnel, any and all local authorities from all claims for injuries, damage, or property loss that may be suffered or caused by the negligence of any of the mentioned parties and arising out of the entrant’s participation in this event.
- Entrants must be physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in any event and assume all risk for this participation.
- All the rules, conditions and regulations of the Namibian Cycling Federation shall be complied with.
- Entrants also grant permission to the organisers to use their names, photographs, videotape or broadcasts of the event free of charge.
- NO HELMET NO RIDE: You must wear an approved helmet complying with ANSIZ90\4 or SNELL standards
- BICYCLE SPECIFICATION: Any two-wheeled machine powered solely by the participant will do, as long as it is roadworthy.
- SERVICE VEHICLES: Seconding in the form of following vehicles or motorbikes is forbidden and will lead to disqualification.
- There will be official sweep vehicles to assist in an emergency.
- Spectators will be allowed on the route, however any assistance of any kind rendered to a participant including drafting will lead to disqualification of the participant.
- Water points will be provided along the different routes, EXCEPT for the 21km fat bike race. All water must be carried by the cyclist in this race.
- Participants will not receive a finishing medal if they have not completed the distance before the cut-off time. Officials, marshals, sweep vehicles and water points will withdraw from the course after the cut-off time. Cut-off time will be 11:30
- AGE LIMITS for the different races are indicated as per the entry forms.
- START/FINISH: All categories will start and finish at the Jan Wilken sports ground in Walvis Bay
- PRIZE GIVING: Prize giving will be at 14:00 in the main tent at the Jan Wilken sports ground.