Entrants, also referred to as athletes in these rules, undertake to abide by the following rules and agree to the following conditions:
RULES FOR ENTRIES FOR ALL EVENTS
- The Hangana Hake Run & Ride is held under the auspices, rules and regulations of Athletics Namibia.
- The athlete agrees to participate at their own risk and by their entry and participation fully indemnifies the organisers of the event, all official sponsors and partners, volunteer groups, medical suppliers, and any and all local authorities, from any direct or indirect loss or damage, however caused, arising from their participation in the event or related to the event, including pre-race and post-race activities.
- The organisers are not responsible for any medical expenses of any athlete as a result of their participation in the event. Athletes will be charged according to the government hospital tariff rate or their medical aid rate, should they be admitted to hospital and be liable to cover the ambulance transfer in emergency situations.
- The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry. It is the responsibility of each athlete to ensure that they are medically fit and healthy to participate in the event.
- All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable under all circumstances, including, but not limited to, cancellation of the event or of the athlete’s participation, or change in the date, nature, or format of the event. The event may be cancelled or changed due to severe weather or any other factors that may be deemed to threaten the safety of athletes, staff, or volunteers.
- Athletes are not required to be a member of an athletics club to compete in the Hangana Hake Run & Ride.
- In all events athletes must wear clothing which is clean and designed and worn so as not to be objectionable. The torso must always be covered.
- Athletes are not allowed to swap entries or run with someone else’s race number. Any individual who competes with the race number of another person will be disqualified and may be barred from participation in next year’s event.
- Entrants grant permission to the organisers to use their names, photographs, videotape or broadcasts of the event free of charge.
- Marshals, traffic and any police officials must be obeyed at all times. If athletes are instructed by any race, medical, traffic or police official to stop, they shall do so immediately.
- Athletes who fail to obey instructions from the race officials will be subject to disciplinary action which can include disqualification and they may be banned from participation
- Participants must keep to the designated route, as indicated on the day. Should an athlete make a wrong turn, the athlete is required to return to the correct route. Any alternative to this shall be deemed a short-cut and that athlete faces the possibility of disqualification.
- Any appeal by an athlete regarding another participant not following the correct route must be received by the race director within 10 minutes of the athlete finishing.
- No seconding or vehicles shall be allowed on the route.
- No cyclists or vehicles will be permitted to keep pace with athletes, or allowed on the route.
- There is a race sweeper for each race that will follow behind the last athlete.
- There will be official medical personnel on the route and at the finish line to assist with any injury or health problem during the race.
- Sufficient refreshment stations will be provided along all the running routes.
- No animals are allowed to accompany an athlete during any event.
- Adaptive athletes (athletes with disabilities that need assistance to participate, e.g. a blind athlete running with a pilot, or a wheelchair athlete with an accompanying wheelchair pusher) are required to submit a written application to the organisers.
- No prams, strollers, roller blades or similar devices will be permitted.
- No illegal stimulants are allowed.
- If the athlete does not reach the cut-off points within the required time, they will be required to retire from the race. Transport will be provided from the cut-off points to the finish.
- Athletes must cross the timing mat on the finish line to officially finish the race.
- Official event race numbers are to be worn on the front of the athlete’s upper garment. The race numbers must be worn as issued and may not be cut, folded or worn in any way to obscure the lettering.
- Official race timing tags must be pinned to your running clothes on the left front of your body (instructions will be provided in the race pack). Ensure your tag is open and visible when crossing the finish line. Do not cover your tag with other clothing otherwise your time will not be recorded. Make sure not to lose the tag. If you lose your tag, report to time keeper the moment you cross the finish line.
- All timing tags must be handed in when collecting your participation medal.
- All appeals must be lodged with the race organiser.
- In the event that any prize category results are not announced or made available at the official prize-giving, such results will be posted on the event website. Participants shall be given 7 days to raise any appeal in writing to the organisers, whereafter the published results shall be deemed final, notwithstanding any inaccuracies that may be identified at a later date.
- Prize money will only be paid into the recipient’s bank account after the event once the results have been accepted as official and final. No cash payments will be made at the prize-giving ceremony.
RACE NUMBER COLLECTION
- All athletes must collect their race packs the Friday prior to the event between 14h00 and 22h00 at the Jan Wilken Stadium in Walvis Bay.
- In order to collect your race number you must have the following: (a) identification for age verification; (b) proof of payment (only in cases of manual registration)
- If you cannot collect your race number in person, someone else can do it on your behalf. The designated person needs to have a copy of your ID.
- Athletes are required to check all information on their race pack BEFORE leaving the registration desk, and report and correct any errors to the administration team.
- No collection of race packs will be allowed after 22h00 on the Friday or on race day.
- Entrants will receive an official t-shirt as part of their race pack. Sizes will be allocated on availability. The onus is on the entrant to ensure that the size selected is a size that will fit.